Sunday, February 1, 2009

Friendly Animals



Yesterday Andy actually had a day off that wasn't
a holiday or a sunday!!!! So we decided to have a family day. After we talked the kids into cleaning the upstairs we went to the zoo. Let me tell you I have never seen the animals so active! It was a sorta-warm day and not very crowded a major plus. But the first real active part was the cougars (who are usually just laying in their caves) were tearing apart boxes.Then after a few minutes they swapped boxes. It was so cool!!
After the zebras (Chris's favorites) we went to the giraffes. The trainers were in there with one of the giraffes teaching him to back up. That part was cool, but we were just across from there just watching another giraffe. This giraffe was acting like he was going to come close to us and so Andy raised his hand and just held it there for a second then the giraffe came to his hand and Andy got to pet his nose!!!!! Unfortunately I didn't have my camera out so I didn't get a shot of it. However we went upstairs next and yet another giraffe was acting friendly and he came really close to us I got a picture of this one but we didn't get to pet him. (I didn't have the zoom in with this shot!)

In the snake house the animals were all just hyper I guess because they were running around coming up to the glass. Carter was having a ball.
Then to the gorillas and orangutans, we were inside and I had Carter up against the glass and Eli the huge orangutan came right up to glass so he was like face to face with him. Needless to say Carter freaked. The Chris came around the corner and came face to face with Eli and he jumped it was funny.
So I know this was a really long post but I have never seen the animals like that! It made the zoo so much fun yesterday. Not that the zoo isn't fun every day it was just a nice change

4 comments:

Meek House of Insanity said...

How fun! I love the zoo too...anytime, but especially when the animals are active. My first thought on the pic of the giraffe was "pucker up"! He looks like he is coming in for a big fat kiss! Speaking of kiss, kiss the kiddos for me.

Hannah S said...

How fun! It was gorgeous yesterday! Sounds like you were really lucky w/the animals esp the giraffes! That is so cool that he got to touch it!

Des said...

We love the zoo in the winter. We always go on Christmas Eve Day. The animals are always very active and it's a lot of fun.

Peyton and Jayce said...

I had never even considered going to the zoo in the winter months! I will definitely consider it now! Fun pics!!